Friday, August 6, 2010

Some things I left out...

I may or may not have already told you we lost our last Rugby game but we had fun watching and learning anyway. It was supposed to be cancelled because of all of the rain we were having but they just moved it to a different field. The boys were covered in mud! The boys were tackling each other in these huge mud puddles that were pretty gross but I guess they didn't really care too much! I was on the sideline and almost got my legs taken out from under me by a St. Paul's bloke. He went to tackle one of our guys and just kept sliding right for me! It was a good thing I moved out of the way as fast as I did or I would have gotten mud all over the jumper (sweatshirt) that Addie let me wear for the game! Of course I kicked him while he was down and said "stay on your own side!!!!!". Just kidding.. I considered it though. Its a shame that we didn't win but the boys had Christmas in July to look forward to that night!
Wesley is the Black team and the Griffindor wanna-be's are St. Pauls. The beautiful building behind the field is another college St. Johns.



Christmas in July was a beautiful formal dinner prepared by Wesley for the students. We dressed up, sang songs and made people do funny things! For instance, everyone started banging their spoons on the tables and chanted "Sabretooth!". All of a sudden this one boy goes to the back of the dining hall and runs to the front on all fours!!! He was literally running like an animal - a Sabretooth in fact. I could not stop laughing, I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever seen! I wish I took a picture of him! Then they would make people stand up on the chairs and tables and scream funny things like: "I'M A MONSTERRRRRR!!" or make donkey noises. Yes, this was supposed to be a formal dinner, haha! After the dinner there was a big party for the Wesley students in the courtyard that lasted what seemed like forever. It was definitely a fun time and I can't wait to have another formal dinner like that. If we win the championships in one of our sports we get another dinner just like this called a Victory Dinner.
Makenzie is dressed as Hannukah and I'm supposed to be dressed like an Angel.
This is when we all stood up on our seats and sang funny Wesley songs. Toby decided to stand on the table.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds and looks like you're having so much fun. What did you eat at the formal dinner? What have been your favorite foods so far? I can't wait to come see you - check your email, I gave you some dates to choose from.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete